Sunday 11 January 2009

The Avon at Wasperton

  

Well the weather is still cold and the fishing is still dire, well for me anyway. Me and John had a trip to the Leamington AA  stretch of the Avon at Wasperton and settled for two swims nearest the car park. The opening bet was waggler and maggot but after 2 hours nothing was happening . John had already tried the maggot feeder but too no avail. I decided to give the mashed bread feeder a go and with a tasty looking rubbish raft to my left, i was confident. No fish on that either. After making a fool of my self and casting the feeder right over a branch as two anglers stopped to chat, i gave up.

John had moved to my left where he found some slack water and using his pole took two small fish, i decided to poach and john was a good sport and let me , i had 3 small fish in all , john five, so we did not blank and all the Pikers had no action at all. Role on the summer and here are a few pics to remind me i can catch fish

1 33lb of Bream and Crucians Snitterfield reservoir

2 36lb skimmers jubilee pool

3 14lb on the bowl in December

4  A good bag of fish from silver pool Arden fishery in winter

No comments: