Friday 10 April 2009

Oakham Farm

Hooray a bagging session already. I had a day at Oak ham Farm today and fished the oak pool, this is the old pool too the right, next to the converted barn.

I fished the bank in the trees where i had 2 lines set up, one at 5 metres and the other to the island .I started on the 5m line, feeding micros over banded pellet and had the first fish in 5 minutes , after that, i caught on this at a steady pace until i was amassing a nice weight.

I now wanted to give the island line ago , fishing flake over micros in about 1.5 ft of water, but it was difficult because of the sudden gust every now and then , but i had a fish first put in , the biggest of the day at 4lb . The next put in resulted in a big fish taking my 13h elastic round one of the wooden stakes in the lake at 11metres , where it snagged me, thank god for pulla bungs as submersing the tip i was able too safely retrieve my rig, without fear of being spiked by a float disguised as a missile. A few more fish followed but it was too windy so i returned to the 5m line and put a nice run of small Carp and two nice Roach together, the Roach weighing 1.5lb and a pound, lovely fish. I ended a great day with 104lb and it made a nice change to the ounces i have been accumulating lately.





9LB Stillwater Barbel makins in 1998, sorry about the tosh.

No comments: