Sunday 24 May 2009

Snitterfield 23 may 2009

  Well i had another trip to Snitterfield reservoir today, i felt i had too after the disappointment of last weekend.

I settled for peg 2 , one of my favourites , i like this peg because you can drop your tackle right in but more importantly, its got some nice weed features within easy reach of the pole, i am always more confident when i can reach such features comfortably.

The plan was to try and catch shallow and with the weather looking warm it was looking good. Started by potting in 3 caster and pellet laced ground bait near the weed bed, this was for later , my Bream and Crucian line. The other line was at 5 metres with maggot and caster, the maggot to start off the swim , caster if i start to get pestered by small fish. Pestered by small fish i was, little Perch, lots of them, i do not recall there being this many over the last few seasons. As i was feeding half a dozen maggot every 30 secs i began to notice boils and swirls with the occasional flash of large Rudd  and Roach. I put on my shallow rig , about 18 inch deep but could not get a bite , i noticed the swirls were less frequent, the pole was casting a shadow on the water , so on with a rig similar to hand to line , this did the trick and i started to catch some quality Rudd and Roach but those little perch still got there first this was the signal to change to caster and it worked, i still had a few perch but not as many.

So i had a great days fishing and ended up with 21lb of Roach , Rudd and small perch great stuff, the only downer on the day, was  when a message came through on my phone, it was Jades football coach , as i  held the phone my top 3 was pulled from between my legs i managed to grab it , but in panic threw my phone on my side tray, straight into my water soaked casters, SHIT ……! and i lost what ever was on the end.

No comments: