Sunday 2 November 2008

Arden fisheries




Hi All


Me and john decided to give foxes pool ago at Arden fisheries , Snitterfield.


We fished the bank opposite the car park , with john settling in a corner swim and me the next peg along. We both started deep ,but john was itching to fish shallow and soon changed to long pole , shallow . I stayed full depth but realised after a few fish it was slow and i had overfed the swim. John was now having a few shallow , it was not hectic but he was having more fish than me. I decided to start a new swim but not feed as much.


John suddenly said " a red float was popping up all over his swim " and sure enough there it was in front of me. Like an idiot , i pulled my rig into the float , then all hell broke loose.


The carp swam to the middle of the lake and leapt 2 foot in the air, it was big. My pole took a frightning curve and the 15h elastic was at full stretch , something was going to give , i was sure the pole would go. A long hard battle commenced, but eventually the fish tired , a nice 9lb 10oz carp lay in the landing net . I could see now why it fought so hard, the other rig was in its tail and i had lassoed the loop on that rig!


The day soon ended and john had a nice bag of carp i think it was 46lb i had 33lb not counting the foul hooked fish.

No comments: