Sunday 16 November 2008

Lower park fishery

John and I decided on a return trip to Lower park fishery in preperation for the winter league. A cruel and harsh contest that tests you and your tackle to the limit. I have had many an item broke here , a brolly totally mangled by the gale force wind , two number 4 sections and the lid of my seat box, pulled off its hinges

We decided to be brave and fish with the wind face on, on the east bank.

John started on the chopped worm and me , i took a gamble on a ground bait attack at 10 metres , potting in 7 orange sized balls.

From the start we were pestered by blades, small inch long Roach that even took Johns larger worm hookbait.

I was getting a bit bored with this, but i know i will welcome them in the winter league. By now John had a bonus carp of about 2 lb and some nice Roach. After trying Bread, pellet and maggot at 10 metres, i knew that line was not going to produce and its a pain shipping in and out 10 metres for 1 inch Roach. I started another line with a few flavoured micros and decided to sit it out for the last hour. Luckily I had a 2lb common, a nice skimmer and a smaller mirror and ended up with about 3lb 10 oz , John had about 3lb.

It is 3 weeks I think until the start of the league and we have to do better than this . But until then, woods farm Saturday matches begin and i know John and I cannot wait

lower park  15 11 08 001lower park  15 11 08 004

No comments: