Saturday 22 November 2008

orchard nightmare

   This weekend, me and John decided on  the Orchard pool at Arden fisheries, Snitterfield. Not fishing this pool for a while and never in winter , we were both fishing it blind.     The local expert had told me of 30 odd pound of Roach from this lake in the winter,  fishing maggot at 4 metres and loose feeding  by hand.                            

   I fed 2 balls of groundbait at 11 metres and some micros on top,John fed two balls too and fished at about 6 metres. I tried the short line for an hour , but nothing, so went long over the earlier feed and had a bite straight away, but as i shipped back i hit the bush and lost the fish, a small Roach. That was my action for the day . I tried straight lead with corn, breadflake and even set up a waggler rod, but only had two casts before catching the bush , snapping my hook length , enough was enough and i gave in too defeat.

John meanwhile stuck at it and put a tidy bag of small perch together, about 2lb 2oz and it was a good result in crappy conditions. my fingers are still numb. Oh and Pete bagged up on the opposite bank , i think he even had a couple of carp. ( The local expert )

DSC02290

No comments: